Sunday, January 13, 2008

January 13, 2008 - Sunday (night)

Today's Gazette is brought to you by
" My Friends "
Webster describes a friend as a person whom one knows well and is fond
of.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~
The current temperature is -7 degrees.
Yesterdays H/L temperature was 17/6
Normal H/L temp for this date is 14/-5
Due to predicted wind chills of minus 25 to 35 degrees.The beach and
all local swimming pools will remain closed.
========================
"Profanity makes ignorance audible."
========================
L O C A L news & stuff,.. mostly stuff.
-----------------------
Sandy's story about the individuals that abandoned a litter of kittens
gave Bob reason to write. >>> Hello, Gary,
John Maxwell has been kind enough to forward the GAZETTE to me and
I have really enjoyed it.
I was deeply saddened to read the letter yesterday (Wednesday,
1/08/08) about the "person" who dumped the Mother and her kittens out on
the road! Oh, my! We have a 1 1/2 year-old little guy who came to
us in June, 2006 around Midnight and he has been a joy and a
laugh-a-minute. Our older cat started "hollering" at me and I noticed
that the wife was still downstairs quilting, so I told him to go
"...Tell Momma to come to bed!...". Well, the next thing I heard was
my wife telling me to get up and get outside, as there was something
after our chickens. As it turned out, there was a sick, little kitten
who ran up my leg, onto my chest,tucked his head under my chinand
purred for all he was worth. The misses said, "O.K.! Now
what?". To which I replied, "C'mon, Boots! Let's get you some
food!". He turned out to have pneumonia and is quite healthy now.
He chases Stanley and us all over the place and loves to have his tummy
rubbed. He has been one of the most wonderful cats I've ever had the
pleasure to meet. It always amazes me how these so-called "people"
can be so cruel to these little critters!
Thanks for allowing me to vent and thanks for the GAZETTE!
Best Regards,
Bob Lewis, Pisek, ND <<<< Thanks a million for caring and sharing
Bob. And, welcome to a wonderful group of individuals I refer to as my
Gazette family of friends.
-----------------------
This note comes from a friend I haven't seen since my dad bought his
new yellow & black Mercury 2-door hardtop in 1953.
Dear Gary,
Thanks for adding me to your list for the Shiver City news. I
totally enjoy it, and each issue stirs so many good memories of growing
up in Grafton. We were neighbors until about 1953. My 96 year old
mom (Florence Rogalla) enjoys it, too. Keep up the good work!
Darlene Rogalla Dyrud <<< Thanks a million for caring and sharing
Darlene. Your former Grafton home eventually became part of the property
that makes up Grafton Floral & Greenhouses. Since you moved, the Bergen,
Fredrickson and Billy DeSautel families, among several others, called
your former house a home. Pat and I also spent several years there
increasing our gene pool. The house was eventually sold and moved off
the property to make room for additional expansion of the Grafton Floral
& Greenhouse facilities. Your former home, Darlene, is presently located
on the west side of main street in Auburn, ND.
Aren't memories, and friends, wonderful?
----------------------
My friend John sent the following note. I suspect because I mentioned
him in a previous Gazette. He wrote, >>>
Gary,
You have eyes everywhere!!! Yes I'm guilty of ordering a 52 inch Hot
Stuff Pizza, 20 minutes after I heard about it.
Two things I want to make a point on. 1st, I didn't eat the whole thing
myself. I had a lot of help from my group of weight watcher's at the
double E. And, 2nd, it was great,... but if you plan on ordering one,
give Mike and his crew at Grafton Square enough time to make it. It's
nice to have the selection of eateries in Grafton.
And, you can take it from me, I've tried them all. Have a great weekend,
and,... GO SPOILERS!!!!
John Olaf Aasand 14th in line for the throne of king of Norway. <<<
Thanks for caring and sharing John. And thanks for the "culinary" update
of Grafton's eateries. Somehow I gotta think you, like me, are much more
of a consumer than a connoisseur. Or so it seems to me.
----------------------
Friday morning our Ohio Fox Hunting Friends stopped in Granny's for one
last breakfast, and to say farewell for another year, before leaving for
home. As always, It was wonderful having them here. We shared "stories"
of their trade, and ours. We enjoyed a wonderful night out at
Marketplace where our Major stopped by to thank them for spending time
in our community. They also had the opportunity to share some of there
thoughts with local members of the Chamber of Commerce. And, I even
learned that everyone doesn't always "Go Blue". Each time they leave I
have two main concerns. First, that their trip home is a safe one and,
second, that they will return.
I received the following note from Bill, which, I am pleased to say,
eliminates my first concern. Bill wrote: >>>
Gary,
Just want to let you know that we arrived homesafely in
Northwest Ohio Saturday evening. As we shook hands and said farewell we
began to plannext years trip.We want to thank you and everyone in
Grafton who made our visit so enjoyable. Especially those who took part
in our evening at the Market Place.
It is good to be home, but as we develop more friendships in
North Dakota it is hard to leave them behind. We look forward to next
year and hope to find all our friends in good health.
Regards,
William (Bill) Shininger <<<<
Thanks a million for caring and sharing Bill. I must also "share"
with everyone that between the time we shook hands, and our Fox Hunter
friends walked out the door. They handed me an envelope, with one very
simple request. "Gary give this to your community, in the best way you
see fit." (and, believe me it will be done)
Friends.... When I think of what they've brought to us, in so many
different ways. How they come each year, to spend their time, on our
areas coldest days.
As I listen to their stories, and see how well they get along. It would
make a fitting tail in one of Willy Nelson's song. I feel especially
lucky that I've known this special group. And I'm pleased the Lord
allows me to be a part of such a group.
So long, for now my fine Fox Hunting Friends. Though we live a thousand
miles apart, you will always be, right here, in my heart.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I am pleased to welcome, Bob L., Greg & Genny K. and Marylou S. to the
Gazette family.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Tomorrows Gazette will include a invitation to anyone interested in
learning, and, I suspect playing, "bridge" the card game, (not the kind
you drive over) FREE. The price is right, and, the place is a beautiful
home on the south end of Grafton. (The Leighton residence)
========================
GOTTA GO WORK ON MY DASH
========================
If you really care, care enough to share.


Write if you can, call if you can't, and, tell your loved ones they
are,..... before it's too late.

No comments: