Tuesday, January 15, 2008

January 15, 2008 - Tuesday (early)

----------------------
Today's Gazette is brought to you by
== Grafton's Heritage Village ==
=== "Free Will Offering" ===
-- Pancake and Sausage breakfast -- ### Sunday, January 20,
2008, ### ~~~~~ Serving 9am until 1pm ~~~~~
))) Proceeds used for the operation (((
/// and preservation of the Village. ///
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
The current temperature is -9 degrees.
Yesterdays H/L temperature was 18/-9
Normal H/L temp for this date is 14/-5
All Shivercity beaches remain closed.
==========================
"Profanity makes ignorance audible."
==========================
L O C A L news & stuff,.. mostly stuff.
------------------------
This Saturday, January 19th the St. Thomas area Booster Club will be
hosting their 41st annual Walleye Fish Fry at The American Legion &
Matty's Bar.
Advanced tickets are available at the following Grafton locations.
Bremer Bank, First United Bank and The Extra End.
8 to 10 ounce Walleye fillets will be served from 4 p.m. to 9 p.m.
Saturday.
For take out orders you can call the St.Thomas Cafe at 701-257-6897.
There just isn't a better fish fry in the country than the one the
St.Thomas Booster Club puts on. People from Fargo, Grand Forks &
Grafton, Langdon, Walhalla, Pembina, Hallock, Karlstad and Stephen have
all enjoyed the Annual Fabulous Walleye Fish Fry at St.Thomas.
The folks at St.Thomas are super people, doing wonderful things in
their community with the proceeds.
--------------------------
Once again Walt Disney was right. It is a small world after all. Lowell
sent the following response to Bonnies question about a teacher in the
Argyle area.
Lowell wrote. >>> Gary, It's still a very small world, Isabelle was
my mother. She took a six month normal trainingcourse after
graduating from highschool. This gave her a teaching certificate to
teach in North Dakota. She finally got her four year college degree at
age 59 by doing summer school college courses thru Moorehead state. She
taught at many country schools in both states. She retired at age 65
with 45 yrs of teaching under her belt. I believe Bonnie's father was
Lester Aasand. Forwardmy e-mail address to her & tell her to write.
We are still in St Agustine, Florida but expect to leave Ina few days
for Lake Worth & then over to the Bahamas in Feb. Have a good winter.
Best regards Lowell Efterfield <<<
Thanks a million for caring and sharing Lowell. I will be happy to
exchange addresses between you and Bonnie. It's to bad your not a little
closer Lowell. I'm sure you would be able to talk to Bonnie this
Saturday at the St.Thomas Booster Club Fish Fry.
------------------------
About the only kind of cards I can play is solitaire, and sometimes I
have to cheat to win that. I wanted to learn how to play pinochle, until
I found out someone had taken out all the small cards. Anyway, This note
is about Bridge and comes with a note from Michael Leighton. >>>
Subject: Free Bridge Lessons, please invite your subscribers...
Thank You
Anyone interested in learning to play Bridge is invited to attend Free
Lessons at Michael and Patty Leighton's home. (201 West 17th St -
Grafton) Lessons start this Thursday, January 17th (7 - 9pm) and will be
held every other Thursday through March. Please call 352-2198 and leave
a message to let us know that you will be attending. You can come as an
individual or with a partner. Bridge is an excellent game to learn with
your spouse.
There will be a class outline with free material provided. It is a five
lesson course with play each evening to demonstrate the lesson. Classes
will be held, January 17th, 31st, February 14th, 28th, and March 13th
and 27th. We hope to be playing bridge by the sixth class.
Jerry Blanchard, Terry Kalbrener and Pat Silewski are going to assist
Michael Leighton in the teaching. Several couples from the Grafton
Marathon Bridge Club will also be participating. The Grafton Marathon
Bridge Club has existed for almost 35 years. <<< There you have it, a
valid invitation to learn the game of bridge. From wonderful people in
super surroundings. Or so it seems to me.
--------------------------
One of my life's more interesting challenges has been to master the art
of caring and sharing. A "trait" I have always wanted my offspring to
share with me. I must admit, I am pleased they do. To that end I find a
obligation to share the following note from my oldest daughter Kelly.
She wrote: >>>
Subject: I'd like to share my experience
Today I had the pleasure of having Dad come in the Smokehouse to buy
some meat that Mom had called in earlier to have ready. As Dad walked
in, he approached a young man who was already in the store and the guy
said, "Gary Moe, could it be?" I then listened to about a 20 minute
conversation between David Kuznia and Dad about American Crystal which
we all know is Dad's heart and sole and the Stephen area, which Dad
referred to David as his second home. It was very touching listening
to David talk about one of life's lessons he had learned from Dad as
avery young man and still to this day remembers. He shared many
stories with Dad and it sure was fun to hear Dad back in the sugarbeet
frame of mind again. It was like old times. This man had very deep
respect for Dad. I know thatbecause after Dad left he told me
"there's no other man in this world that I respect more than Gary
Moe. I can't wait to get out to my pickup to call my brother and tell
him I just talked to Gary Moe. You can't imagine how excited I
am." The smile on his face said much more.
I was most proud to say Gary Moe is my Father today. Good job,
Dad! Kelly <<<
Thanks a million for caring and sharing Kelly. Often, when time
seems to start turning somethings dim. Someone always seems to come
along and make them bright again.
Today, in The Country Smokehouse Kelly, three individuals had the
opportunity to watch the process of caring and sharing in full bloom. I
am very thankful you were one of the three, and, I am especially
thankful, the third one was me. I love you, Kelly, and, yes you were
certainly right. For a moment I felt like I was young and healthy again.
Aren't memories wonderful?
=========================
GOTTA GO WORK ON MY DASH
=========================
"If you're thinking of something. No-one will ever know it, unless you
share it with someone." Or so it seems to me.


Write if you can, call if you can't, and, tell your loved ones they
are,..... before it's too late.

No comments: