Wednesday, October 08, 2008

October 8, 2008 - Wednesday

Todays Gazette is coming to you in loving memory of Emilie (Diseth)
Demester.
For the past 9 years, the good Lord has had her soul. However, "I have
learned to appreciate that the souls of our dearly departed really never
do leave us.
They simply take up residence in our hearts, our minds and our
memories."
-----------------------
The current temperature is 54
Yesterdays H/L temperature was 61/41
Normal H/L temp for this date is 61/37
It was 18 degrees on this date in 2000. It sounds like beet harvest
will resume today at noon, for those able to harvest. Sunshine, a little
wind and temperatures above the frost line will be most welcome forecast
for the next couple weeks.
===========================
"Profanity makes ignorance audible."
===========================
L O C A L news & stuff,.. mostly stuff.
-------------------------
Pat and I would like to thank everyone for the many cards, calls, and
e-mails we received for our 48th anniversary.
We would especially like to thank Susie Corneillie for her
thoughtfulness and also the staff at Marketplace for making our
anniversary dinner there a truly memorable event.
--------------------------
Anniversaries, from my prospective, truly are special events that
should be shared and savored. Evidently John Czapiewski feels the same
way. John wrote: >>>
Gary,
Congratulations to you and Pat on your 48 year journey. Karen and I
started our journey 30 yrs ago today, and it seems like it was just
yesterday. Every day I ask myself what I did to deserve the love of this
wonderful woman. I have never been able to answer that question but,
whatever it was, I'm sure glad it happened. God, how I love this woman!
Without her I would have nothing, and I would be nothing.
John <<<<
Thanks a million John, for caring and sharing your feelings, about your
very special person, on this special day.
Best wishes and CONGRATULATIONS John & Karen on your 30th anniversary,
from the entire Moe gene pool.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I may just be my imagination, however, it seems to me that Barack Obama
uses the term "AND" more often than most folks.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
If someone or something that is mentioned in the Gazette can touch just
one person a day I consider it a success. The Anderson Brothers created
a whole string of successes.
Bert Overland wrote; >>>>
Subject: The Anderson brothers
Joe Birkeland built a wonderful band in Grafton. Joe was very
fortunate that his initial group of starters turned out to be the
backbone he could build from back in the forties. Incredible
musicians more than willing to share their talents, Al Johnson, the
Anderson brothers Buzz, Loren and Leslie, Taft Kana, Frank
Kouba, Fritz finger, Bud Rozum, Bill and Helmer Field and others of
importance. Unfortunately, after more than 65 years since I
started the trumpet under them have now slipped my mind.
These persons were the inspiration that brought on all of us and
what a great group they were. At that time in my life I admired them as
great musicians but in later years, looking back, they were more than
good musicians they were great men who changed the lives of so many of
us kids that were land-locked in Grafton. We got to travel and also we
got to practice the respect our parents taught us to show to others for
which we owed so much.
Bert A. Overland <<<
Thanks a million for caring and sharing Bert.
=======================
GOTTA GO WORK ON MY DASH
=======================
"If it's true, you really care, take a moment and care to share."


Write if you can, call if you can't, and, tell your loved ones they
are,..... before it's too late.

No comments: