Tuesday, October 07, 2008

October 7, 2008 - Tuesday

Todays Gazette is brought to you, mostly, because Pat helps me do it.
-----------------------
The current temperature is 49
Yesterdays H/L temperature was 62/51
Normal H/L temp for this date is 61/37
It was 87 degrees on this date in 1975
=========================
"Profanity makes ignorance audible."
=========================
L O C A L news & stuff,.. mostly stuff.
------------------------
Today is "our" very special day. On this day, 48 years ago, I made a
very specific commitment to a very exceptional lady.
Together, we knew that the road ahead wouldn't be easy. However, we
also knew that if we travelled together, we could travel that road, no
matter the weather.
We have been graciously blessed all along the way, on a journey that's
taken us all the way to this day. Our family and friends have all help
us see, how truly wonderful our life together could be.
It hasn't always been easy, to that we would both agree. But today I'm
so happy my wife is with me.
The words written on the card Pat gave me today, says it all and means
the whole world to me. So if it's okay, I'll include it here, so that
you and the whole world can see.
(My anniversary card from Pat)
"I can remember when we first fell in love. I felt so happy and as we
began our life together sharing our thoughts and dreams and making
discoveries about each other, we formed a closeness that just got better
over time....
Maybe it hasn't always been easy, but as we celebrate today, I want you
to know our marriage makes me very happy,
and I love you now and more than ever."
Happy Anniversary, With all my Love Patty <<<<
What can I say that could possibly have more meaning than the words on
Pat's card?
Happy Anniversary Pat, I love you very much - Gary
--------------------------
Darcie sent the following note. >>>>
Just a note to say,...
HAPPY ANNIVERSARY Gary and Patty Wow - 48 years - that is fantastic!
And, a very happy birthday to the first born grandchild as well -
let's see - when I used to babysit Tiffany - she was probably like 8 -
which would make her around 11 now?? I can't imagine she's much older
than that as I surely haven't aged either!!
Tell her parents happy "birth" day as well as now that I'm a parent
myself I see the kids' birthdays as a huge day for us as well!
Take Care Gary -
Darcie (Komanetz) Gust <<<<
Thanks a million for being so kind Darcie. I can still see Joe standing
by the special bench in the lab at Drayton. Trying to make me a special
benchman.
--------------------------
Kristy would like to share the following note with us. >>>>
Gary,
I want to add to the ongoing messages that have been left on behalf of
the Anderson Bros. I feel so blessed to have been part of the family
that has enjoyed many years with them. The Anderson Bros. were a very
close family. We shared many memories growing up of being a very loving
family. I want to share with you that Grandpa Buzz loved his wife,
children, grandchildren and great grandchildren very much. He would
always have a big smile on his face when he saw us walk in the door. He
was always very interested in knowing what we were all up to. We are
saddened by our loss, but we are comforted in knowing that he is
watching over us. I also want to thank Kelly and David for sending me a
card and showing me that they truly care about our loss. We are so
thankful for the years that we have been blessed to have him here for so
many years. So thank you Gary for spreading your Gazette to the
community not only for our loss but for the many people who have lost
loved ones in the surrounding area. It is so nice to hear wonderful
things about those people.
Buzz Andersons Granddaughter
Kristy Hajicek <<<
Thanks a million for caring and sharing Kristy.
--------------------------
The onset of "cooler" temperatures often gives reason to "switch gears"
so to speak. To that end, Sharon sent the following "reminder". >>>>
OK Gary...by the feel of the chill in the air this morning and the
weather for the rest of the week...I'm thinking it might be a good time
to change the Newsletter to Shivercity once again...tis the season :-)
Sharon LaMont :-) <<<<
Thanks a million for caring and sharing Sharon. You are right about the
cool weather, and, it won't be to long before the Skeeterville Gazette
gets put up on the shelf and The Shivercity Gazette resumes operation.
-------------------------
HERITAGE VILLAGE === FISH - FRY
GARY,
Please put the following in the Gazette. We really appreciate you
putting these reminders in your little newspaper. Surprising how many
people tell us they saw our event in your Gazette.
= = = = = = = = = = =
"Walleye" Fish Fry at Heritage Village, Friday, October 17th 5pm-8pm
Walleye, Baked Potato, Baked Beans, Cole Slaw, Dessert and Beverage
Adults--$11.00—Child 10 and under $5.00
Take out orders—call 701-352-3280
All proceeds will be used to maintain the facilities at Heritage Village
in Grafton.
=====================
GOTTA GO WORK ON MY DASH
=====================
"If you think it, say it. If,... on the other hand, you shouldn't say
it. Then you shouldn't be thinking it either."
Or so it seems to me.


Write if you can, call if you can't, and, tell your loved ones they
are,..... before it's too late.

No comments: