Wednesday, October 01, 2008

October 1, 2008 - Wednesday

Today is the first day of the 2008 American Crystal Sugar Company full
stockpile sugarbeet harvest.
-----------------------
The current temperature is 42 degrees.
Yesterdays H/L temperature was 64/34
Normal H/L temp for this date is 64/39
It was 94 degrees on this date in 1922.
The most important temperature numbers, certainly for the next few
weeks, will be 55 and 28 degrees (above).
=======================
"Profanity makes ignorance audible."
-------------------------
From the very first day, caring and sharing formed the basic foundation
of the Gazette. Simply put, the Gazette became a medium upon which I
could exchange many of the thoughts, ideas and experiences that before
the Gazette,..... I "thought" I was to busy to share.
I am so fortunate that the quote "Write if you can, call if you can't,
and, tell your loved ones they are,..... before it's too late." truly
does have significant meaning to me and my family. And, I might add, I
am pleased so many Gazette family members are starting to feel the same
way.
Todays Gazette, contains the messages from those that cared to share,
and is a perfect example of what I mean.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I received the following notes from members of Buzz Anderson's family.
A niece shared the following. >>>
Gary - I am so touched by your story about the Anderson Brothers Oil
Co. Buzz and Loren were my uncles. Les is my dad. I couldn't agree with
you more that the Anderson brothers were and are the nicest guys one
could ever know. We recently lost their other brother, Vernet, who lived
in Brainerd. As I listened to the eulogy Vernet's daughter gave, I
thought that she could have been talking about any of the "boys."
Hard-working, kind, gentle, musical, tall, handsome, and they all loved
a good western to read before taking their afternoon nap. They really
did look alike because they were alike. My cousin, Judy (Buzz's
daughter), were just talking about what a wonderful job of parenting
Grandpa Paul and Grandma Lulu did to produce such fine sons. I am so
lucky to be a part of the Anderson family. Thank you for sharing your
memories of my uncles.
Janis (Anderson) Friederichs.
+++++
A granddaughter shared this message.
>>>> Gary,
Thank you so much for you nice kinds words about Grandpa Buzz. He was
the greatest of all. He will be deeply missed by his entire family. But,
we knew it was his time to go to be with the loved ones he had lost. We
know he is in a better place. Thanks again for remembering him. The
Anderson Family
Kristy Hajicek <<<<
++++
These wonderful words come from Buzz's daughter. >>>> Gary - On behalf
of my family, thank you for the kind words spoken about my father, Buzz
Anderson. I always knew my dad was special - I just didn't realize how
many other people felt the same way about him. He, along with Ray
Carlson, Buster Schumacher, Ray Demester, Joe Birkeland, Bob
Dahl, Russell Lykken, Ralph Adamsen, Al Zinke, and your dad, Bill Moe,
are among the many giants that helped to shape Grafton. I feel
privileged to know that my dad was a decent, honest man who cared
about his family and his community. I'm sad today but am comforted to
know that he's watching over all of us. Thanks again Gary - the best
to you and Patty.
Judy (Anderson) Keizer and all of Buzz' family <<<<
Thank you Judy, Kristy and Janis for caring and sharing. A thought,
regardless of how kind and wonderful, is useless unless it can be shared
with others.
------------------------
The mention of beet harvest gave my son Jeff reason to share his
thoughts. He wrote; >>>
I too like hearing your Gazette's about this time every year, I am
PROUD to be able to drive for Tom and go into the piling stations and
have the people ask how you are, and to say hi to you. I hope you will
come out and go for a couple loads with me again this year. It is a
HIGHLIGHT of my night to see the look on your face when we pull into one
of the yards. I like to hear the stories you have about all the stuff
that takes place, and things that most people don't even see.
Love you Pa. JEFF <<<< Thanks a million Jeff. I love you too.
++++
Our daughter Wendy, Toms wife, after reading the note from Jeff. Wanted
to share her thoughts regarding sugarbeet harvest.
Wendy wrote: >>>
Jeff, you may say your proud to drive for Tom, but the TRUTH is he
is VERY lucky to have you. You are a one in a million guy who is not
afraid to work and you know machinery like no one else. You are always
right there to help out. You put in a lot of hours and tolerate a lot of
stuff often made even more difficult because sleep, is often hard to
come by this time of year.
(Wendy's note continues.)
From the wives side of the beet season:
Growing up I just basically knew that beet season left us fatherless
as well as most of the rest of the year. I missed not having a dad
around more then most kids I'm sure.
For the farmers…..WOW, they work all year, babysitting and tending to
their little leafy green plants only to have to start battling the
weather. Too hot, too cold, too wet…… there are spans where you go
for 36 hours with little or no sleep. And, the lunches… someone should
start a beet haulers lunch recipe book to toss out some new ideas. This
does not even mention that even thou it is only a few weeks long, it
seems like an eternity with the hours of trying to find workers, the
house being upset and phone calls at all hours. Needing parts,
sandwiches, rides, etc. I am being honest when I say this is NOT my
favorite time of year. It makes me sad to think of all the hours of
sleep lost, childrens smiles missed and scared at the thought of being
on the road myself each day with a lot of the drivers that are just to
stubborn to say, NO, and go home to nap. PLEASE be careful and remember
that it is not worth your life or anyone else's.. BE SAFE and more
importantly……. I LOVE YOU and THANKS <<< Thank you for caring and
sharing Wendy.
------------------------
Christine sent the following "update" on the PaPa Lou's BBQ sauce saga.
She wrote: >>> Wow Gary, I have had several emails from people who
live at a distance about Papa Lou's BBQ Sauce. A few of them live in
Fargo and I hope to drop off a few cases of sauce to them when I am in
Fargo on Friday. One gentleman said he happened to eat at our restaurant
last summer and tried Papa Lou's, he bought a bottle and has been saving
it. He said he opened it a few weeks ago and it "Disappeared" because it
was so good. I also received an email from a gentleman in Spokane
Washington. He would like me to send some jars for him and for his son
who lives in Kentucky. WOW!! Thank you for your help in getting the word
out and thanks to your subscribers for their interest. You just have no
idea how much I appreciate it. I will be over in Grafton today
(Wednesday) and can't wait to stop at the Smokehouse and others to see
how it is selling. Thank you again to ALL the businesses who agreed to
sell it in their stores. A true blessing for us.
Christine Jensen <<<<
Thanks for the update Christine. Somewhere it is written, (if it isn't
it certainly should be) good things happen to good people. AND, my good
friend Christine, you ARE good people.
==========================
GOTTA GO WORK ON MY DASH
==========================
Remember, if you would like to share your thoughts or ideas with me.
And, prefer they NOT be included in the Gazette. Simply say so and I
will assure you that they will remain "our little secret".


Write if you can, call if you can't, and, tell your loved ones they
are,..... before it's too late.


Keywords: Grafton North Dakota, Grafton ND, Gary Moe

No comments: