Thursday, April 10, 2008

April 10, 2008 - Thursday

Todays Gazette is brought to you with the most sincere gratitude and
appreciation of my Family and Friends.
---------------------
The current temperature is 46 degrees.
Yesterdays H/L temperature was 52/26
Normal H/L temp for this date is 50/29
It was 82 degrees on this date in 1925.
Al must have missed that one for the movie too.
========================
"Profanity makes ignorance audible."
========================
L O C A L news & stuff,.. mostly stuff.
----------------------
It sure is wonderful to be back at my keyboard "hunting" buttons with
the proper letters on them once again. For those of you that have been
wondering what happened to the Gazette. I will "try" and explain
(Readers Digest Version) the absence of the Gazette for the past several
days. And, for those that haven't noticed it's been gone, I guess It
won't matter.
Anyway.... The Wednesday morning, before the last one, after spending
several hours researching, gathering and documenting a whole wealth of
valuable "pertinent" information. I sat down in front of my tiny little
keyboard and proceeded to build what I believed to be one of the best
Gazette's I had ever done.
I was convinced it would not only touch the hearts of many, it could
possibly even change some folks lives, or, at the very least, change the
way they read the Gazette. Then, as I almost always do. I ended that
edition with a period and,...... punched what I believed to be the
"SEND" button.
Then, while giving thanks to my Lord and Parkinsons, I suddenly
(unfortunately to late) realized I had pushed the key marked ERASE.
Then, I pushed it again, obviously, I guess, thinking, that two wrongs
just might make a right. It didn't.
For some unknown reason, while that edition of the Gazette was heading
up into cyberspace, my morale sank lower than whale manure.
THEN,.... at 3:00 the afternoon of the Tuesday that just past. My
eldest son called while I was ingesting my afternoon quota of caffeine
and asked if I would like to go with him to see Billy Lykkens Museum. Of
course I wanted to see Bills museum, and so, we did. It was wonderful,
just as I had heard so many others say. By every standard I'm aware of,
Bill's collection and the manner in which he displays it is wonderful.
THEN, I received a call from my (previously trusted) friend Suzie. She
asked if I would be willing to stop by the Marketplace and meet with
some members of the Chamber and share a few opinions I may have about
our local business community. She really "hooked me" when she added that
I might mention something about my Ohio Fox Hunting Friends.
So,.... As we were leaving Billy's museum, I looked at Bill wanting to
leave him with the best complement I could think of. I simply said.
"Bill, this would not only please Russel, it would make Vivian very
proud as well.
THEN,... As Jeff and I entered the back door of Marketplace on 8th. I
was told "suzie is waiting for you in the fountain room." So,... as I
hobbled toward the fountain room, I was still mentally formulating my
presentation.
THEN,.... as I approached the fountain room door, I hoped I wouldn't do
anything really stupid, like trip and fall, or, God forbid, forget what
I really wanted to say.
THEN,....... as I looked in the room I noticed my beautiful wife of 47
years standing there smiling at me. THEN, I noticed a whole bunch of my
family sitting there looking at me and smiling like they had just won
the lottery.
THEN,............ and, this is the part where I think it may be most
appropriate to add. "THANK GOD FOR FAMILY & FRIENDS"
And then, as I continued looking around the room, I saw a whole bunch
of my American Crystal Sugar Friends standing there waiting for me to
come in.
Those first few minutes still seem a bit blurry. However, I do remember
leaning up against the door in shock and amazement. I can only hope that
I didn't say anything at that point that might have offended anyone
there, or, any of my friends in the clergy.
Those first seconds seemed like hours. What could I say and how could I
say it, must have gone through my mind a thousand times.
There I was, standing in a room full of family and friends (my sugar
tramp friends) and all of a sudden reality set in. I wasn't at a Chamber
of Commerce meeting at all. It was a surprise party to celebrate the
anniversary of my birth.
Oh, there were local business owners there all right. Businesses owned
by members of my family,.... and, of course Suzie from Marketplace
played a significant roll in the conspiracy as well. As we ate, we
shared memories of the "old days" and things we had done.
I couldn't have dreamed of a more perfect day. How can I thank them, or
what can I say? It was then that I realized my greatest fear would
finally be answered.
Just when I started thanking everyone, for all they had done, telling
them how happy I was, on my special day. I started to blubber and all of
the right words seemed to want to come out the wrong way. The next thing
I knew both eyes started leaking and I thanked God I was sitting among
family and friends.
I really am thankful sheading tears has never made me feel bad. Since I
learned, "only real men cry", from my dad. My mom taught me the value of
Family and Friends, and to cherished our life right up to the end.
I doubt I will ever be able to repay, all those that made my special
day. Thanks a million everyone, for everything you have done.
=============================
GOTTA GO WORK ON MY DASH
=============================
Thanks Danny, I owe you one,... two.


Write if you can, call if you can't, and, tell your loved ones they
are,..... before it's too late.

No comments: