Thursday, February 05, 2009

February 5, 2009- Thursday

Todays Gazette includes a prayer first seen in the Gazette almost
8 years ago.
------------------------
The current temperature is 8
The "feels like" temperature is 1
Yesterdays H/L temperature was 14/-8
Normal H/L temp for this date is 19/0
It was 47 degrees on this date in 1991
=========================
"Profanity makes ignorance audible."
=========================
L O C A L news & stuff,.. mostly stuff.
--------------------------
This hasn't been a very significant news week in Shivercity. Today
is the 11th day of Raumin Gone and Donald Douglas has returned home
after a week of "thawing" in the Arizona sun country.
Monday morning, I was able to pass my eye test at Heartland Eye
Care. Which, if I remember right, was more than I could do in Cora
Lykken's class. It seems she didn't think I was using my "I's" properly
back then.
Anyway, I hope I will be receiving my new glasses sometime today
or tomorrow. I understand Nip Lykken might be able to use my old ones.
It seems he lost his bending over a golfball on a Arizona golf course.
According to Billy, Nip was playing with his "putter" when he noticed he
had lost his visual aids.
-------------------------------
Thought of the day:
If anyone thinks solving the problems created by the former drug
store, bank, Penny's and motel buildings is a challenge. Just wait til
we see the quagmire created when they slam the doors shut at Alchem.
---------------------------------
It's the time of the year again, when all the folks that could,
won't do anything about protecting the town from flooding.
----------------------------------
The rumor about the Grafton Pamida Store making some significant
business adjustments in town still isn't apparent,... from the parking
lot anyway. The store appeared to be open and doing business as usual
this morning.
There certainly isn't any shortage of rumors surrounding
Simonson's Subway Sandwich and Fuelling Station. I'm not sure if the
opening has been delayed because of the extended distances all of the
contractors working there must drive, or, if they are waiting for Subway
to come up with a new line of Sandwiches we can eat in the Subway.
Anyway, when, and if, Simonsons new facility does open, it certainly
will be a nice addition to the business community of Grafton.
-----------------------------
It is always a good idea to start the day off with a prayer. One
day, almost 8 years ago now, I started the day off with the following
prayer.
DEAR LORD,
So far today I am doing all right.
I have not gossiped, lost my temper, been greedy, grumpy, nasty, selfish
or self-indulgent.
I have not whined, complained, cursed or eaten any junk food. I have not
charged anything on my credit card. But I'll be getting out of bed in a
minute, and I think I'll really need your help then.
Thank you in advance Lord --- AMEN.
-------------------------------
I am surprised how many "comments" I received after mentioning my
plan for heating our house with two Eden Pure heaters. None of them were
very positive, I might add. Jeans note represents the gist of most of
them. She wrote: >>>
Hi, Gary! John Maxwell graciously forwards your
Gazette news which I enjoy so much! I live in Park River so it's always
good to hear local happenings. Anyway, why I'm writing, I purchased an
Eden Pure 1500 watt heater this winter here at Lon's hardware and ended
up returning it. It put out the same amount of heat my $42.00 Lasko
rotating heater which is also 1500 watt. The Eden Pure was $429.00 and I
can say my MDU bill was trimmed some but nothing to brag about. I have
heard a couple people in Park River still endorsing Eden Pure but I
wouldn't... Just thought I'd let you know my opinion...
Sincerely, Jean Fjeld <<<<<
Thanks a million for caring and sharing Jean. Your comments
mimic those I have found numerous times throughout the internet. It is
always fun hearing some folks think enough of the Gazette to pass it on
to others.
------------------------------
This Friday, Jennifer (Demester) Osland will be blowing out one
more candle.
HAPPY ~ BIRTHDAY ~~~ Jennifer
This Sunday is the day that Jenny's sister Jada (Demester) Mattael
will celebrate the anniversary of her birth.
HAPPY ~ BIRTHDAY ~~~ Jada
Also, this Sunday is the day that Chase Perry, son of Craig &
Holly (Demester) Perry will become a teenager. WOW,...... HAPPY ~
BIRTHDAY Chase
----------------------------------
Lettin' the cat outta the bag is a whole lot easier than puttin'
it back in.
========================
GOTTA GO WORK ON MY DASH
========================
"Life is to short for long answers." GLM


Write if you can, call if you can't, and, tell your loved ones they
are,..... before it's too late.

No comments: