Monday, February 02, 2009

February 2, 2009 - Monday

Todays Gazette comes to you, in part, by all the wonderful people that
are working Graftons Medical Facilities.
----------------------
The current temperature is -4 degrees
The "feels like" temperature is -24
Yesterdays H/L temperature was 28/0
Normal H/L temp for this date is 18/-2
It was 48 degrees on this date in 2000
Someone should tell President Obama that Al Gore says it's "impossible"
to develope clean coal technology.
==========================
"Profanity makes ignorance audible."
==========================
L O C A L news & stuff,.. mostly stuff.
--------------------------
Have you ever wondered exactly what global warming really is? And,...
have you ever wondered what countries like China and India, with
populations 5 times greater (or more) than in the USA are doing about
it?
I certainly can't answer the first question nor can a substantial
number of bonafide climatological experts from around the world.
----------------------------------
A true friend is someone who reaches for your hand & touches your
heart.
------------------------------------
Speaking of Global Warming. Bob posed an interesting question, someone
may be able to answer. He wrote, >>>>
Hi, Gary,
With all the talk about Global Warming, I got to wondering about what
the temperature of the Earth should be.
I have yet to receive an answer to the question, "Just what is the
correct temperature of the planet, anyway?".
Love the Gazette and can hardly wait until it becomes the "SKEETERVILLE
GAZETTE".
Best Regards,
Bob Lewis
Pisek
P.S.
"How fortunate for government that the people do not think." - Adolph
Hitler <<<<
Thanks a million for caring and sharing Bob. I don't think "Al" gets
the Gazette (yet) however, I'm guessing someone that does may be able to
answer your question.
------------------------------
"It is the responsibility of those who's destiny relies on people, to
make certain that the people they rely on,.... shares the same destiny."
Or so it seems to me.
-------------------------------
From time to time I get the Gazette back marked "over quota" in various
forms. The first time or two that happens, I assume the individual is
either off "fishing" or doing something else important. However, after
several days with the same response I begin thinking that maybe that
individual has moved, or changed address, or simply just doesn't want to
be bothered.
I must admit, after receiving several "over quota" notices from
George's mailbox, I began thinking he had grown tired of my babble and
decided not to read it.
Yesterday, I received a note from George that not only answered that
question. He went on to help "us" understand how important communication
really can be.
George wrote: >>>
Gary, I'm at Rochester, at the Mayo and really enjoy getting news
from the home town. I have a Bone Marrow Cancer and they decided that a
transplant was the best way to go. The following is a short summary in
case you would like to share it with your groupies.
Hi,
Just a short summary as to my progress with my stem-cell transplant
procedure at Mayo.
We arrived at Mayo on Dec 28 and have had appointments every day since.
I had chemo for 2 days and ended up in the hospital with an infection
and high fevers for 5 days ? not a good week. After chemo they started
me on growth shots for my white blood cells and had a few blood
transfusions along the way. My blood counts were not getting to the
needed level and about 10 days ago they thought they were going to have
to send me home to let my body recuperate. At that point I was giving
up. The next day the numbers jumped and the following day they got to a
point where they could start collecting my good stem-cells ? Praise God!
The stem-cell "harvest" went very well. Then two more days of chemo and
then they infused the good stem-cells back into my blood system. That is
called day zero, I am now on day +2 and by day +21 or so I could be
looking at going home. Been feeling good the last 4 days but they tell
me that the next week or so could get rough again from the chemo -
that's ok. God got me here and must still have a purpose for me,... I
believe.
Thanks for your phone calls, cards, gifts, and especially your prayers.
God Bless,
George Cox - class of 65 <<<<
Thanks a million for caring and sharing George. You can rest assured
that you are in the best possible place, with the best possible
care,..... and, know that you will have the hopes and dreams and prayers
of the Gazette family on your side. Please forgive me for taking this
most opportune time to add the following.
~~~~ Bone Marrow Donor Drive ~~~~
---------- March 7, 2009 ------------
Between the hours of 10am-5pm
~~ at St. Johns Church in Grafton. ~~
PLEASE,
watch for flyers
and help spread the word
-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-
"To the world you may be one person, but to one person you may be
the world."
========================
GOTTA GO WORK ON MY DASH
========================
"Be who you are and say what you feel... Because those who mind don't
matter.... and those who matter don't mind."
Or so it seems to me


Write if you can, call if you can't, and, tell your loved ones they
are,..... before it's too late.

No comments: