Friday, November 14, 2008

November 14, 2008 - Friday

Todays Gazette is being brought to you, in part, by Doris and Bruce
Jackson proprietors of Jackson Bernina.
If it quit working, Bruce can fix it.
If it doesn't fit, Doris can make it fix.
-------------------------
The current temperature is 33 degrees.
Yesterdays H/L temperature was 40/34
Normal H/L temp for this date is 34/18
It was 62 degrees on this date in 1939
I wonder if Al Gore has ever asked himself? If the big three auto
companies didn't melt the last two ice ages,........ what did?
=========================
"Profanity makes ignorance audible."
=========================
L O C A L news & stuff,.. mostly stuff.
---------------------------
I understand Grafton's annual "wine walk" Thursday could be deemed
successful on several counts. It was obvious, watching the Wine Walk
participants migrate from store to store that they were enjoying
themselves.
It goes without saying, at least in my opinion, that the management of
participating Wine Walk businesses were most appreciative of the
increase in traffic.
----------------------------
~ Congratulations Embroidery Plus ~
~~ On your Fifth Anniversary ~~
The Sevigny's have not only been providing the Grafton community with a
valuable service. They have also made significant contributions to a
myriad of local and area projects and fundraisers.
Their Grafton based Embroidery business can, and certainly should, be a
significant benefit to our local school system.
------------------------------
Speaking of Embroidery Plus. Marjie sent the following note from her
home in the sunshine state. Marjie wrote: >>>>
Good morning Gary,
Hope your eyesight is improving.
Just wanted to say Denise did such a great job describing her
business improvements it made me want to stop by. I would if I was in
the neighborhood even though I'm not a quilter I've done enough sewing
to appreciate a nice selection of fabrics.
Marjie <<<<
Thanks a million for caring and sharing Marjie. Embroidery Plus does
provide our community with a very valuable service. I hope our residents
support their business whenever and however possible.
------------------------------
Grafton True Value's brand new sign not only looks wonderful, it is
another visible sign that the business community of Grafton has
confidence in it's future.
Grafton's True Value store occupies the building that once housed the
W.W. Reylecks clothing department store. For a good many years, Ray
Carlson was one of the significant partners of the Reyleck's
organization. Ray's daughter Kathee sent the following note. Kathee
wrote: >>>>
Of course I always enjoy reading references to and stories about
Reyleck's. Thank you for making that sharing possible. I am excited to
here about the renovations to the old Reyleck's building and to know
that the present owners are taking good care of it. Kathee <<<<
Thanks a million for caring and sharing Kathee. Often, as I walk the
isles of the True Value Hardware store I reminisce of the days past when
Reyleck's was a prominent store on main street.
Today, I can purchase Sami's dog food where Murphy used to sell me
shoes. I recently purchased a coffee maker from the same area Dick
LaBerge sold me my first good quality suit. This summer I bought a blade
for our lawn mower from the same spot Richard Rheaume sold me my first
pair of coveralls. I've purchased several items for our motorhome from
the same spot we bought material for curtains in our first apartment
from Bella Durand. When I stand at the front desk of Grafton's True
Value Hardware, I'm often reminded that I am standing on the exact same
spot that 51 years ago, this year. I purchased the very last birthday
present I was ever able to buy for my mother. It was a bright and shinny
"costume jewellery" bracelet. One I might add, with special thanks to
Rosemary Ebertowski, our daughter will be able to cherish forever.
Aren't memories wonderful?
--------------------------
I have often said, "small towns, use em or lose em". I do believe It
really is that simple. On the other hand, I am very well aware that,
everything being equal. It really isn't that easy at all. It takes the
heart and sole of everyone in the entire community to keep a community
together.
"The key to success is not hearing what you want to hear. It's hearing
what you need to hear." GLM
+++++++
Ralph was kind enough to share the following note with me. I in turn
would like to share his note with you.
Ralph wrote: >>>>
You know how many say our small towns are dying. There just isn't any
business left there. Then people like your kids, and Denise and Dennis
open those shops. They need to sell what others like Pamida and Alco
aren't, but when they pick the right product they appear to be
successful. Just imagine the dollars that aren't leaving town, and the
dollars from surrounding towns that are coming to Grafton because of
people like that. You and Pat did a good job raising your family, Gary.
Ralph Kingsbury <<<<
Thanks a million for caring and sharing Ralph. I would love to be able
to take even a small amount of credit for the raising of my family.
Actually, if the truth be told, I have been extremely fortunate to be
able share the same household with my wonderful wife Pat, the person
most responsible.
======================
GOTTA GO WORK ON MY DASH
======================
"If you can think it, you can say it. If you can't say it, you
shouldn't be thinking it."
Or so it seems to me.


Write if you can, call if you can't, and, tell your loved ones they
are,..... before it's too late.

No comments: