Saturday, April 26, 2003

April 26, 2003 - Saturday

Subject: SHIVERCITY GAZETTE

CURRENT WEATHER
The wind is calm under a partly cloudy sky. It is 43 degrees (above)
Yesterday H/L temperature was 64/44
Last years H/L on this date was 43/21
Normal H/L for this date is 60/35
Todays Skeeter meter reading is ZERO
Todays lovely living index---8---
==================================
profanity makes ignorance audible
==================================
SUBSCRIPTIONS
Some of you may have noticed the Gazette has been missing for a few
days. Some, probably haven't even missed it.
For reasons, several of which, I have trouble understanding myself, I
was unable to send out the Gazette. This morning, with the the help of
some very exciting information to share. I will make another attempt.
Speaking of subscriptions. I somehow, must, have forgotten to renew my
subscription to the Grand Forks Herald. I will admit, I really didn't
miss it until 6:05a.m. Friday morning. Then again I checked the box at
6:30, 6:45, and 7:10. Rats, no paper. Then Pat checked at 8:30, 8:45 and
again around 9:00. It was 9:15 or 9:20 when I had to make an executive
decision. Do I walk to Denny's and buy one, or drive to the Grafton
Square and hope they're giving one away with a gas fill. (they did that
a while back)
After checking the weather channel to see what the proper attire would
be for the walk to Denny's. I packed a light lunch and headed for
Denny's News Stand. Less than 10 feet into my journey. The term, 'darn
bugger heck shucks' crossed my mind. Here I am, walking all the way over
to the west side of town. To BUY a paper, with news, now 4 hours older
than the paper I have already paid for and didn't receive. HOLY SMOKERS,
I thought. Maybe the folks at the Grand Forks Herald were all suffering
from the same things that kept the Gazette from going out the past few
days. Then, as I risked life and limb, crossing the first busy
intersection. I wondered, could they have caught it from me?
I decided I'd have to be more careful. I didn't want to fall into the
same trap as earlier in the week. I'll "bite the bullet", I thought. I
won't even tell the folks at the Herald all the problems they cause when
they don't deliver as promised.
While jumping up the curb on the other side of the first busy
intersection, I thought to myself. RATS, what will I do if there is
something in that paper I should have known about 4 hours earlier. Then,
as I reached the halfway mark, I realized the hit my already tight
budget would take. What could I put on hold to cover the increased cost
of Fridays Grand Forks Herald.
Maybe we shouldn't go out for supper (dinner for you southerners) Maybe
I won't buy a fishing license this year. Maybe I could find a cheaper
place to buy minnows. Then, just as Denny's News Stand appeared in full
view, I had a thought that might solve all my problems. Maybe, the
Herald would send Pat and me on a all expenses paid trip Salmon fishing
in Alaska.....including, a daily Grand Forks Herald. Yah, (that's
Norwegian for WOW) maybe.
ANYWAY, when I started this darn thing this morning I wasn't sure if
yesterday was just a blurp, or, if I had been eliminated from the Herald
subscription list completely.
Then, at 5:57a.m. I heard the lid on Sami's Grand Forks Herald dog
house slam shut. Well dog bite my unit. There it was, Saturdays edition
of the best darn daily paper north of Hillsboro.
-----------------------
Oh yes,...as for the main reason for todays Gazette. More important
than me, & mom. More important than the Grand Forks Herald, or, even the
Walsh County Record. More important than fishing or shinner minnows.
More important than Darcie Einarson moving into her new law office. Even
more important than Graftons newest physician buying Terry & Mary
Hericksons home.
Our youngest son Brad and his lovely wife Denise, ARE EXPECTING. I
think that's a term the old folks use so kids don't know what they do at
night. It could also be said Brad and Denise are expecting and INCREASE.
Another term that confuses me. The one I like best is, Gary and Patti
Moe are going to have another grandchild,......or two,....or
three,....or whatever. We'll take all we can get, and love each and
every one with everything we have.
So far, we have ten grandchildren. By the first of the year we may have
eleven, twelve, or even thirteen to spoil. To say we are pleased to
share this information with the world, would be an understatement.
We have raised our family with the belief that parenthood is not only
and honor, but also a privilege. I don't believe there is another couple
on earth with more desire for parenthood than Brad and Denise Moe.
Congratulations Brad and Denise.
Your Mother and I love you very much. You have them, grandma will rock
them, change their diapers, and, I'll spoil the heck out of them. And so
it is.
==================================
HAPPY ANNIVERSARY
Tom and Julie Watkins
It seems like only yesterday,...or the day before. It wasn't just by
coincidence that the day you were married, and the day Chuck (Demester)
Julies dad, went fishing in a light blue tuxedo was the same date.
Congratulations Tom & Julie Two beautiful people, with a wonderful
family
With all our love
Aunt Pat and Uncle Gary
==================================
GOTTA GO WORK ON MY DASH
==================================


Write if you can, call if you can't, and, tell your loved ones they are,
before it's to late.

No comments: