Monday, September 29, 2008

September 29, 2008 - Monday

Todays Gazette is brought to you, in part, by the Kingdom Hall located
on the west edge of Grafton, and, all of the beautiful flower gardens
that surround it.
-----------------------
The current temperature is 55 degrees.
Yesterdays H/L temperature was 66/44
Normal H/L temp for this date is 64/40
It was 88 degrees on this date in 1908.
The last five day forecast I've seen would indicate almost perfect beet
harvest weather. All thats needed now, is enough people to operate all
the equipment necessary to get the crop harvested.
=====================
"Profanity makes ignorance audible."
=====================
L O C A L news & stuff,.. mostly stuff.
------------------------
It looks like Noah can postpone work on the ark, for the next few days
at least. Many fields in the area are still a day, or two, of sunshine
away from dry. Most farmers are able to find enough land to work to keep
them busy.
Sugarbeet harvest will begin in earnest on Wednesday. A small army of
individuals operating several thousand pieces of equipment, running
twenty four hours a day, seven days a week until the last sugarbeet goes
into the storage piles. It is the time of the year when "everyone"
regardless of whether we are actually working in harvest or not should
be extra careful. With literally tens of thousands of truck loads of
sugarbeets on the road throughout the Red River Valley. Caution
absolutely must become a prerequisite of everyone.
I remember well reminding the people that worked with me during harvest
that there wasn't a sugar, a piece of equipment, a farm or the entire
American Crystal Sugar Company that was worth getting killed over. I
always tried to remind everyone, before harvest began, that the
difference between just getting hurt and getting killed is often less
than an inch.
--------------------------
It appears PaPa Lou's BBQ Sauce is garnering a fare amount of
attention in the area. I was in the Country Smokehouse Saturday and I
noticed a lady pick up a bottle to take home. Then, shortly after I
returned home, I received the following note from Christine. She wrote;
>>>>
Hi Gary, YEAH how exciting to hear from people around the country
wanting to try our PaPa Lou's BBQ sauce. I would love to send them a
bottle to try. If they will send me an email at christineajensen@msn.com
and let me know their addresses, I will be glad to send some. We are
working on perhaps getting BBQ sauce made in plastic jars for
shipping, as of right now it is very expensive to ship an entire case in
the glass bottles. We are also working on setting up a website to start
getting out of state orders. Thank you so very much for your help in
getting the word out, I can't tell you how much we appreciate it. Thanks
also to your subscribers for their interest. What a blessing!! Have a
great day Gary, you are a good soul. Christine Jensen <<< Thank you for
caring and sharing Christine. Wouldn't it be neat to see PaPa Lou's
(Larry's) picture on every store shelf across the country?
It could happen you know.
----------------------
It's funny sometimes, the things you see and ear in small towns.
For instance. I understand someone and it maybe even more than one, has
been putting catfish carcasses in the trash containers of several
business establishment around town. I remember being told one time that
I shouldn't put "puppy pooh" in the mailbox of the owner of the puppy
that "pooh's" in my yard. Because, I was reminded, that it's illegal to
put anything in a mailbox with a stamp on it. And, of course, sometimes
"puppy pooh" has been stepped on, but never really stamped on. So, it
shouldn't ever be put in a persons mailbox.
However, if your neighbors puppy poohs in your yard, I think, it is OK
to pick it up, ever so carefully, and place it on the threshold by their
front door.
I understand that it is also illegal to put garbage in someone else's
garbage container. That, I suspect also includes catfish, among other
things. I've been told that I couldn't even imagine how bad a dumpster
smells after dead catfish (covered with maggots) have been in it for
several days. When I suggested that the smell must be something akin to
a old fashioned outhouse on a real hot summers day. I was told, "That my
friend, would smell like a bed of roses by comparison". And, I guess, it
would also be, without the maggots.
======================
GOTTA GO WORK ON MY DASH
======================
"I may not always like what you tell me. I will, however, always
appreciate it." GLM


Write if you can, call if you can't, and, tell your loved ones they
are,..... before it's too late.


Keywords: Grafton North Dakota, Grafton ND, Gary Moe

No comments: