Tuesday, September 23, 2008

September 23, 2008 - Tuesday

-------------------------
Todays Gazette is being brought to you by the wonderful folks at
MDU (Montana Dakota Utilities) and Sam Waltons organization, Wal-Mart.
--------------------------
The current temperature is 67 degrees.
The weatherfolks were right... they said it was going to rain
Monday night and sure enough, it did. 1.38 inches fell right here on our
front lawn. It sounds like we can expect another shot again today. About
the only benifit I can see from this much moisture during harvest is it
does wash off the hydrant Sami "pee's" on.
==========================
"Profanity makes ignorance audible."
==========================
L O C A L news & stuff,.. mostly stuff.
---------------------------
I've said it before, and, maybe It's time to say it again.
"Small town USA,.. use em, or lose em".
I received a most disheartening note Monday afternoon from our good
friend Christine Jensen. Before I share Christines note, I should add
that Pat and I have eaten at Draytons Hasting Landing Restaurant several
times this past summer. We found the service to be good, the food
excellent and the portions sufficient to feed a threshing crew.
Christines note; >>>> Hi Gary, hope you are well!! Thanks
for your constant work on the Gazette. I just wanted to let you know
sadly my husband and I had to close our restaurant Hastings Landing in
Drayton a few weeks ago. We just couldn't seem to get ahead. It was an
extremely sad day for us. I would like to thank all your subscribers who
came over to support us, we really appreciated their business.
I am currently selling Papa Lou's BBQ Sauce. My husband
makes it, we named it after my father Larry "Lou" Jensen. I have had
outstanding responses in Grafton, as of today I have it in Wally's, The
Daily Grind, Rosies and Simonson's Station Store. It is delicious and
goes with everything. Just wanted to let you know so you could maybe
pick up a bottle. Thanks for all your help getting the word out about
our restaurant and about my brother's benefit. It was a great success,
more than 700 people were in attendance. That's the awesome thing about
living in a small town, when someone is in need, everyone comes out to
help.
Blessings to you, Christine Jensen <<<<
Thanks a million for caring and sharing Christine. I truly
do regret you found it necessary to close Hastings Landing. Let's hope
the folks in Drayton will realize the value, and benefits that a good
home town cafe offers the community. I would be somewhat surprised if
there isn't at least one more outlet for Papa Lou's BBQ sauce in
Grafton, and, I'm guessing the wonderful little community of Park River
may also have a place or two to display you product.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong
enough to take everything you have.
"Thomas Jefferson"
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
As you drive through Leistikow Park I encourage you to take note
of the wonderful wooden bridges over the perennial beds and the one that
spans the ditch on the southwest corner of the park. The bridges were
constructed by members of the park staff. Money for the materials for
the bridges was donated by the folks from MDU (Montana Dakota
Utilities).
The bridges really do give the park a significant new look. They
add a special kind of depth and variety to a already fantastic appearing
small city park.
Over the past few years I have been, more than a bit tough on our
nations, (the whole world for that matter) largest retailer. In the
interest of fare play, I must report that Wal-Mart actually has
contributed to our community. As a matter of fact. In the past two years
Wal-Mart has donated $2,000 toward playground equipment for Grafton's
parks.
I am always impressed by the work our park system does. The Park
Board members sipmply must wear several hats over the course of the
year. Making certain that they represent the entire community "fairly",
investing the parks resources in a manner that every citizen can
appreciate, must be a very difficult task at best.
Or so it seems to me.
--------------------------
I am pleased to welcome Andrea M. to the Gazette family. It
is my hope Andrea, that you, and others, will find reason to share a
part of your world with us.
========================
GOTTA GO WORK ON MY DASH
========================


Write if you can, call if you can't, and, tell your loved ones they
are,..... before it's too late.



Keywords: Grafton North Dakota, Grafton ND, Gary Moe

No comments: