Monday, May 05, 2008

May 5, 2008 - Monday

05/05/08 MONDAY
----------------------
Todays Gazette is being brought to you, by Henkels & McCoy Inc.
----------------------
The current temperature is 48.
Yesterdays H/L temperature was 68/24
Normal H/L temp for this date is 66/39
It was 96 degrees on this date in 1926.
=========================
"Profanity makes ignorance audible."
=========================
L O C A L news & stuff,.. mostly stuff.
-----------------------
The pipeline staging area is beginning to fill up. Four large
"greyhound type" buses are there ready to haul workers out to the work
site. Several dozen pickups are lined up out there ready for the project
to start and someone snuck another administrative trailer on that site
as well.
One of the major issues facing the pipeline project, aside from getting
enough workers, will be finding enough rooms in the area for the workers
to stay.
If anyone has a sleeping room, or knows of someone within a twenty (20)
mile radius of Grafton, that has sleeping rooms available please can
contact Donna or Sharon at the H & M office in Grafton at 352-4933.
--------------------------
Grafton's Home of Economy store is scheduled to be open for business in
it's new location in the Western Plaza Shopping Center Tuesday morning.
---------------------------
I mentioned last week that the Minto Cafe was open again. At that time
I wasn't sure of the hours. Then I received the following questions. >>>
Hi Gary
Do you know what hours the new cafe is open in Minto? Are they open
every day of the week? Also what is their phone number and what name do
they go by? <<< Hence, those questions gave rise to the following
answers. >>>
Right now they are open from 7 to 2 Monday thru Friday. Lunch
Specials everyday. I don't believe weekends yet. Same name and
number, Minto Cafe
701-248-3073. Hope that helps. <<<<
-------------------------
Field work in the area is behind normal although according to the
following note I received, we aren't alone in that respect.
>>>> Hi Gary!
Jennifer (Ganyo) Ebertowski, Dennis and Nancy's daughter. I live
in Waseca MN and I would just like to say thank you for sharing and
caring. I read your blog everyday since my mother has sent it. I
love your humor as well as the updates of Grafton's happenings. We
here in southern Minnesota are experiencing quite a wet spring. The
farmers here have only about 10% of they're planting done and usually
they have 75% by this time. It doesn't look like it will clear up
anytime soon. So glad to here that the farmers up there are able to
be in the fields. Keep up the great work and thanks again for caring
and sharing! Jennifer and Darren Ebertowski and family <<<< Thanks a
million for caring and sharing Jennifer
------------------------
Speaking of caring and sharing. The summer 2008 edition of the Grafton
Alumni Association paper arrived in our house last week. It's a super
way of keeping track of those that have been separated by geography and
profession. The folks that put that publication together do a fantastic
job.
I read, with interest the, What's up with our Alumni, column and was
especially proud when I read the part about my "little" brother A.K.
receiving the Citizen of the Year award. Actually I read it a couple
times and thought to myself how wonderful it was that my little brother
was given such an honor.
Then I received the following note from A. K., he wrote. >>>
Gary, I received the alumni letter and read that I volunteered at
Friendship and the Lutheran Sunset Home, and, I would like to clarify
that a bit if that's okay. Although I don't volunteer at the
Sunset Home, I do have a friend there that I like to take with me for
rides and different things.
The people that do volunteer at the Sunset Home are very important,
and, they do a lot more than take just a man for a ride once and a
while. My hat is off to all of the true volunteers at the Sunset Home.
They are greatly appreciated and they certainly do make the residents
days much better. It's a great place with wonderful management, staff
and volunteers. Thanks, A.K.
P.S. Gary could you please share this with your readers I would feel
a lot better thanks <<<< Thanks a million for caring and sharing A.K.
Dad always said, "accomplishing the task, is far more important, than
taking credit for it. "It is evident that A.K. is even more like our
Father, than I had ever imagined.
----------------------
Speaking of good people saying nice things about a wonderful person.
The other day I mentioned it was Jo Elbert's birthday and Kathee wanted
to add the following. Kathee wrote; >>> I have known Jo as a friend of
my mother's for many, many years. For just a bit fewer years I have
known her as a co-worker at Grafton Floral. Most recently, she is one of
the folks who warmly welcomes me on the occasions that I attend mass at
my home parish of St. John's. My best to you Jo and to all the different
hats you have worn over the years. <<<<
Thanks a million for caring and sharing Kathee.
------------------------
After reading every word in the latest Alumni News Mailbag. I couldn't
agree more, the folks involved in it's composition are to be highly
commended. However, without the information shared by the members of the
Alumni, such a publication couldn't exist.
Hence, the Editor's note: "Thanks for all the kind comments but please
tell us something about yourself."
After all, it is the caring and sharing that generates information, of
interest to us all.
--------------------------
Speaking of caring and sharing. Joy sent this one. >>>>
Dear Gary,
Thanks for sending your great e-news daily. For those of us at great
distances from Grafton, it's a wonderful way to learn what's going on in
our fondly-remembered hometown. Joy Bliss, Albuquerque
Could the following news bulletin be included in one of your upcoming
communiques? Grafton Class of 1960 will meet at the Market Place in
Grafton at 5 p.m. June 27 to share a meal, stories, and grins. For more
info, contact Joy Bliss at joybliss2@comcast.net or Sharon Martens at
smartens@co.hubbard.mn.us
========================
GOTTA GO WORK ON MY DASH
========================
"It's not just the knowing, that causes problems. It's the not."


Write if you can, call if you can't, and, tell your loved ones they
are,..... before it's too late.

No comments: