Wednesday, April 08, 2009

April 8, 2009 - Wednesday

Todays Gazette is being brought to you, in part by, "The Passion
of The Christ".
--------------------------
The current temperature is 34 degrees.
Yesterdays H/L temperature was 37/21
Normal H/L temp for this date is 49/28
It was 75 degrees on this date in 1931
=========================
"Profanity makes ignorance audible."
=========================
L O C A L news & stuff,.. mostly stuff.
-----------------------------
For more years than I can remember the Strand Theater in Grafton
has provided our area with the very best in theatrical entertainment. As
a matter of fact, I learned to appreciate and respect the Henriksen
family well over fifty years ago. I suspect many, if not most of us,
raised in Grafton could say much the same.
I remember well the first time Arlo Henriksen (Tom's Father)
rapped me on the ankle with his flashlight for putting my feet on the
seat in front of me. I also remember Arlo standing up in front of the
giant screen one evening telling "us kids" that the movie we were about
to see would become a classic, so we should sit down, be quite and
appreciate it. For the life of me I can't remember the name of the
movie. However, I can remember being so quite I didn't even dare to chew
gum.
Over the years, besides being a movie theater, the Strand has been
used for just about every other function one could imagine. From High
school graduations to first rate live concerts on the theater stag.
Tommy & Tammy Henriksen continue to carry on the Strand Theaters
long term tradition of presenting entertainment to the Grafton area.
This Wednesday evening (april 8th) at 7:30 they present
ABSOLUTELY FREE OF CHARGE
Mel Gibson's much talked about film,
"The Passion of The Christ" One should be reminded that the
movie is rated "R" for obvious reasons. If ever a movie could hold your
heart and sole from beginning to end. Mel Gibson's movie of "The Passion
of The Christ" would be the one.
Tommy and Tammy Henriksen are presenting Mel Gibson's epic film
absolutely FREE to the citizens of the Grafton area tonight (Wed.,
4/8/09) starting at 7:00 pm and then AGAIN this Friday afternoon at
1:00pm. The Henriksen's should be commended for their efforts.
----------------------------------
If there is one predominant question in the minds of many, it most
certainly would be. How high will the next flood crest be? That question
is almost always followed up by the comment. "I don't see how it can
flood, there isn't enough snow left out there to amount to anything."
To that I can only say. "Time will tell my friend". How much
water, how high it will be and how long it will remain, continues to be
part of Mother Natures unique method of water boarding.
Unfortunately regardless of when, if, and even how high the next
flood crest will be. One thing is absolutely certain. It will not be the
last one, not even in an old mans lifetime. Or so it seems to
me.
--------------------------------
~ HERITAGE VILLAGE & JUGVILLE ~
"WALLEYE" FISH FRY—FRIDAY, APRIL 10TH SERVING FROM 5PM TIL 7PM If you
can't catch them yourself, you can still get Walleye fresh off the
griddle at ----- The Heritage Village Fish Fry.
~ FOR TAKE OUT ORDERS CALL ~ 701-520-1207 - OR -
701-520-1273 - OR - 701-360-4096 Thank you for your support.
----------------------------------
It's a fact. That is, it is a fact that a rumor has it "Monty"
will be opening a restaurant in the former Nelson Drug building. I
haven't heard, if the rumor is really true, if it will be called
Shananigan's or Shananigan's Two. One thing is for certain. Someone is
doing something in the old drug store and simply judging by the bright
red truck parked in the rear of the building, the Grafton Fire
Department must have something to do with it as well.
-------------------------------
Okay, I'll admit it. It is fun getting a note once in awhile from
folks that read the Gazette on the newsfromgrafton.com website. I found
the following note in my mailbox yesterday. >>>>
I recently came across your blog and have been reading
along. I thought I would leave my first comment. I don't know what to
say except that I have enjoyed reading. Nice blog. I will keep visiting
this blog very often. Joannah
----------------------------------
Have you made arrangements to get your Grafton American Legion
Baseball May Calendar Draw tickets yet? It's almost as easy as it can
get. Simply make out a check payable to the Grafton Baseball Program for
$20 and drop it in the mail. I will fill out your ticket and email your
ticket number back to you as soon as I receive your check.
Next summer Grafton is the host of the North Dakota state B
American Legion Tournament. This puts the need for their fund raising
efforts at an all time high. Funds are needed to supplement Park &
Recreation, so together we can put on a state tournament that will
spotlight our community as the wonderful place we all know that it can
be.
Your contribution will help our local Legionaires and the
community, continue their efforts in the Grafton Youth Baseball Program.
There will be daily drawings each day Monday thru Friday for $50
each day throughout the entire month of May. Then there will be two
additional drawings, one on Mothers Day and one on Memorial Day for $100
dollars each.
It's a fantastic way to help a wonderful youth program, AND, you
may even win in the May, 2009 drawing as well.
===========================
GOTTA GO WORK ON MY DASH
===========================
"Life is to short for long answers."


Write if you can, call if you can't, and, tell your loved ones they
are,..... before it's too late.

No comments: