Monday, July 10, 2006

July 10, 2006 - Monday

07/10/06 MONDAY grp. 5 of 20
---------------------
Todays Gazette is brought to you by rain and all the folks that
need it.
---------------------
The current temperature is 73 degrees.
Yesterdays H/L temperature was 67/52
Normal H/L temp for this date is 81/57
Todays Skeeter meter reading -- ZERO
==================================
"Profanity makes ignorance audible."
==================================
L O C A L news & stuff,.. mostly stuff.
------------------
Although it's been 14 days since I sent out the last Gazette, it
doesn't seem like more than a couple weeks.
Fishing, for those interested, has been absolutely fantastic.
Catching has been very close to the same. It took a couple days to teach
my leaches to speak Walleye and after that, they (the Walleye's) started
swimming right toward the frying pan.
John Gudajtes and a group of Red River "River Rats" were among
many of the most recent Arnesen's Rocky Point Resort visitors. The "Rat
Pack" not only got their limit on the launch, they didn't do bad in the
lodge either. The all night card game didn't go to bad, and, as I
understand it, no-one lost more than a couple bucks. Right John?
I am also pleased to welcome John and Susan to the Gazette family.
Now you'll be able to read all the wonderful things I write about you.
---------------------
Have I ever mentioned the food at Arnesen's Rock Harbor Lodge is
nothing short of fantastic?
--------------------
Speaking of meeting wonderful people at Rocky Point. The Lyle
Anderson's from Hailey, Id. parked next to us for a few days as well.
Lyle was born & raised in Warren Mn. tho' presently enjoys his
contracting business in Idaho. He told me he knew both Joe and Ray
Burwell from Warren and that Ray, in high school, was the fastest
(running) little Bugger he ever knew.
As we shook hands and said goodbye, I hoped they would come back
again next year. Til then, they will reside in my memory bank of
wonderful people by the jetty next to Rock Harbor Lodge.
I am also pleased to welcome the Anderson's first look at the
Gazette and hope you will continue to share a part of your world with
us.
---------------------
This has truely been a fantastic summer for me. I am so
fortunate to have my family close and able to share so many of the
really important "little" things in life with them every day. I am also
fortunate to have such wonderful people at our "summer retreat" by the
Rock.
I am especially pleased, and proud of the recent honor bestowed me
in being nominated home town hero. I was amazed at the number of cards,
letters, e-mails and calls we have received. Thank you Harry and Mitch
Iverson for the super Die-Cast collection edition car. It will hold a
place of honor in my home for a number of reasons. Thanks a million,
once again, to everyone for making someone no more important than a
speck in a pail of water, feel like an ocean.
Graftons Summerfest festivities are a major portion of the glue
that keeps "our" town whole. It's paramount that "we" continue to build
on it's success.
I would like to share a note Norman (Nip) Lykken sent. I'm not
real sure on the Billy D. part, I am positive, however, he's right about
the part Pat has played in my life.
Nip's note: >>>
Hi Gary
I just got back yesterday from a great week in my old home town,
Grafton. One of the reasons I come back every year, is because everyone
I see makes me feel right at home just like I never left. I come back to
my home here in Gig Harbor, I feel rejuvenated and ready for another
year. After spending at least 10 hours and drinking gallons of coffee at
Granny's in 5 mornings with all of the highly educated people at the
"table of knowledge", especially Bill Desautel, I don't think I could
have learned more in several months going to school. It was great to see
you and congratulations Gary for being the home town HERO. You deserve
it. Also it was great to meet your wife Pat. I am sure she has a lot to
do with you being the hero you are. If the good lord is willing and the
creek don't rise I hope to attend next year.
Norm "NIP" Lykken
---------------------
SUPER NEWS about LITTLE BEN !!!
I am extremely pleased to share the following message about
"Little" Ben Wharam. >>>>
It is official, Ben will no longer be busy kick'n cancers butt.
The Beast has been beaten. Hip Hip Hooray (as Maria would say.) All of
the tests that Ben had done over the past couple days, show NO SIGN of
CANCER. The CT scan showed no tumors. The MIBG scan showed no cancerous
cells in the bone marrow. The bone marrow biopsy showed no cancerous
cells. There is no evidence of disease (NED). In addition, Ben's
echocardiogram showed no irregularities. And his hearing test went fine.
Tomorrow Ben will have surgery to remove the Hickman catheter. After
that it is just followup exams and urine samples. We will do monthly
labs and exams in Grand Forks for the first 2 months. The third followup
will be in Rochester. We will continue on that schedule for several
months (like 36 as of now.)
Thank you all for your continued love, support, and prayers. We
appreciate all that you have done and continue to do for us. Praise the
Lord for he has answered our prayers. God Bless you all... <<<
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Somewhere it is written, I think, that the Lord gives us trials
for resolve, tribulation for character and prayer to appreciate them
all. "We will continue to pray for "Little" Ben, and those less
fortunate than us. So that in the end, our character will resolve our
tribulations." GLM
---------------------
From the peek of happiness for "little" Ben, to the depths of
sorrow. I am deeply saddened to share the following death notice of
longtime friend,
GARY DELANO JOHNSON
Gary D. Johnson, 62, of Gilbert Az, died peacefully on Tuesday, June
27, surrounded by his family.
Born July 12, 1943 in Grafton, ND, Gary was the son of the late
Dennis and Gladys Johnson. On June 18, 1966, he married his sweetheart,
Carol Arlene Yonkers in Anaheim California. Gary served his country
in the U.S. Navy from 1960 thru 1966, traveling the world.
Gary worked as a machinist for Robrad Tool & Engineering for the
past 16 years. He previously drove truck for 17 years. Gary loved to
watch baseball and any kind of racing, but his true joy was in playing
with his grandchildren.
He is survived by his wife Carol and his children Ron (Cory), Mike
(Tracy) of Queen Creek Az. and Cyndee of Mesa Az.; four grandchildren,
Cody, Jessica, Taytumn and Taryn; and his brother, Don from Drayton ND.
He is further survived by many nieces, nephews, other relatives and
friends.
Gary's Brother-in-law, Pastor Russell Yonkers of Evansville, In.,
officiated. Entombment followed at Queen of Heaven Cemetery 1500 East
Baseline Road Mesa Az.
~~~~~~~~~~
Although it's been many years since I've seen Gary. I will always
remember the many interesting and fun times together i our youth. I will
also take great solace in the following note Gary's brother Don shared
with me. Don wrote; >>>
I just wanted you to know that Gary was diagnosed with Cancer a
few days ago. It was very preogressed and with sadness I have to tell
you he died last night. I'll forward the obituary when it's available
and you can use it should you choose.
He enjoyed your gazette so very much. We talked about it whenever we
chatted. You always brought a little bit of "Home" to him thru your
musings. Thank you for what you do..... <<<<
~~~~~~~~~
Thank you Don, for caring and sharing. "The world is full of folks
that want to. Heaven is full of folks that do."
We would like to extend our most sincere sympathies from the Moe
family to the Gary Delano Johnson family and all of those Gary has
touched in his time here on earth. Pat and Gary Moe
==================================
GOTTA GO WORK ON MY DASH
==================================
The Gazette works best, when the folks that read it, write it. Or
so it seems to me.
P.S.
I would be helpful to "our" subscription department if the newest
members of the Gazette family would let us know they are receiving it
correctly. Thanks, Gary


Write if you can, call if you can't, and, tell your loved ones they are,
before it's too late.

No comments: