Monday, January 30, 2006

January 6, 2006 - Friday

SHIVERCITY GAZETTE
---------------------
Todays Gazette is being brought to you, in part, by Norman Russum.
---------------------
The current temperature is 20 degrees. - We are continuing to experience unseasonably seasonal weather.
==================================
"Profanity makes ignorance audible."
==================================
L O C A L news & stuff,.. mostly stuff.
----------------------
The cost of filling my snow blower with gas is up a dime again this
week. $2.30 is a real close average for the area petro stations.
Of course "our" local petroleum dealers don't have a darn thing to do
with the ultimate, roller-coaster, rates we see at the pumps. The folks
we're spending "billions" of dollars trying to convert,... do though.
Maybe, just maybe, if "our" politicians would spend as much time
addressing our countries issues, instead of stuffing lobbyist money in
their personal campaign rat holes, we'd all be a lot better off.
If,.. I had more than one opinion,...that would surely be one of them.
----------------------
The latest report on "our" Ohio Fox hunters is, they had a good day
Wednesday. Fox seems to be the most abundant varmint so far. They also
planted a fair amount of doubt to the fact that a rabbits foot brings
good luck. Certainly not to the rabbits anyway. It also sounds like
Chuck will only "thin out" his beard, just in case the weather should
take a turn for the better (that would be the worst, for us city folks)
Although they didn't actually say so. By the way they come into
Granny's smiling and humming every morning. I have to believe they are
very satisfied with the Leonard Motels accommodations.
----------------------
I following note, from Scott Hove, in general terms is the basis upon
which the Gazette was started. Scott Wrote: >>>
Gary,

Greetings from Las Vegas! (Forecast for 1/5/06: 68 degrees)
A few days ago I got a message from Wally Gylten - former seventh
grade geography teacher who lives in Northwood. I believe he lived there
while teaching in Grafton for many years. He just wanted to touch base
and have a chance to visit. I remember all of my teachers from my time
in Grafton and all of them made an impact on me in a positive way. I was
able to tell Wally that and it meant alot to him. As did his call to a
former student! (My wife, who grew up in the urban metro of the Twin
Cities couldn't believe that a former teacher would do that. She said,
"that's another great thing about the small town atmosphere you grew up
in!")
Gary, you always say at the bottom of your Gazette: "Write if you can,
call if you can't, and, tell your loved ones they are, before it's too
late."
It's a very wise thing to do. To all my teachers and others in the
Grafton area, THANK YOU for the contributions you made to my life and to
that of others now living in the Grafton area and all around this
country (and world)! Your work made a difference in our lives!
Make 2006 a great year by telling the people who made an impact that
they did! It will be great for them to hear and for you to do.
End of sermon.
Scott Hove

<<< Thanks a million Scott, for caring and sharing. Your message is an important one. One I believe a few thousand Gazette members could, and should share as well. For more reasons than I am able to count. I have, in the past few years, tried very hard to share my appreciation of the people I share this world with.
For some reason, the act of telling people you care,.. that they're
important,.. and, that they have truly made your world a better place,
has given way to excuses for not doing just that. That,.. in my opinion
is a shame.
It has been a standard practice in our family to add three simple words
to the end of "good by" whenever and wherever we are.
The words, "I love you" means so much, and so easy to say. Every one
should do it, and make your loved ones day.
More than once since I started the Gazette, it's been suggested that I
not use my final "signature". It was a very important statement for me
when I started using it, and, it gains more importance to me each and
every day.
==================================
GOTTA GO WORK ON MY DASH
==================================
The Gazette works best, when the folks that write it, read it. Or so it
seems to me.

Write if you can, call if you can't, and, tell your loved ones they are,
before it's too late.

No comments: