Wednesday, August 11, 2004

August 11, 2004 - Wednesday

Subject: SKEETERVILLE GAZETTE

08/11/04 WEDNESDAY grp. 3
The present temperature (outside) is 54 degrees under a mostly clear
sky and a light NNW breeze.
Todays Skeeter meter reading - LOW
This is Skeeterville "spend your money in town" week. If you don't
spend your money in town,.... we won't have a town to spend money in.
==================================
"Profanity makes ignorance audible."
==================================
L O C A L:
I find it interesting that the In-Continent Cable TV Company wants
everyone in Grafton to use their service. Yet they present no visible
(to me at least) signs of deserving the business.
For instance. Why can't the weather channel list Grafton and Grafton
weather?
Evidently, the cities of Lankin ND and Lancaster MN and Hallock MN have
a significantly larger subscribers roster.
Why doesn't our community leaders spend a little more effort on our
community recognition?
Why can't we take advantage of promotional systems that are already in
place? GET-ER-DONE.
==================================
POLITICS:
I "try" to steer clear of hard core politics. Yesterday I received a
John Kerry "resume" for president of the United States. I couldn't
resist sending it out to a few "Gazette members". I was surprised to
hear so many enjoyed it. Thanks Chuck.
==================================
Speaking of politics. I'm a tad confused about the new "proposed" CIA
director. Yesterday, senator Byrd (D) was quoted as saying. "I don't
think this is the time to appoint a politician to the position. At this
particular time, people are looking for someone with more credibility."
To that I can only respond. "Well dog bite my unit" doesn't senator
Byrd consider himself a politician, and, if so. Is he suggesting that
he, as a politician, is also not credible? Come on senator GET-ER-DONE.
==================================
Again from the political scene. I received the following note from
Sharon (DeSautel) Larson. She wrote. Just had to tell you my most
exciting news of the day. I just returned from shaking Laura Bush's
hand. Yes, I mean the pres's wife and I am not drinking. She is here in
St. Cloud (Waite Park) today, so I went to the airport to see if I could
get a glimpse of her. (I only live 4 miles from the airport) Sure
enough. Her big United States of America jet landed and she got into the
motorcade. I was sure that was it until they stopped the motorcade right
in front of where we were standing and she got out and shook hands, took
many pictures with children etc. and gave autographs. What a lovely
lady!!!!!!! It was really exciting. She's got my vote. Sharon
I responded to Sharons note with the following: Thank you very much
Sharon, for sharing your adventure. I/we too admire the First Lady. She
represents all that I think our country can be.
Unless you say different, I would like to share your experience
with the rest of the "Gazette family". Thanks again Sharon.
We love you, Gary and Patty
Sharon returned my request with the following note: That would be
fine. She was so kind and took her time with everyone who wanted to
communicate with her. She even had her staff take pictures with people's
cameras. She was just the way I had always heard she was. What a
wonderful role model.
Sharon<< Thanks Sharon, for caring and sharing.
==================================
We took a few minutes last evening to take a "tour" of our wonderful
little community. Several "places" in town deserve to be recognized.
Obviously room doesn't allow for all.
As we left the Gazette headquarters heading south to the school and
then east. The Ron and Catherine Pich residence, with the house freshly
painted and the lawn well groomed presented a pleasant picture. The
residence of Joleen and Keith Bjorneby features beautiful plantings, a
fountain, as well as a superbly manicured lawn. I can also report the
home our number 11 and 12 grandchildren (twins) reside with their
parents Brad and Denise is always meticulously cared for. Not to mention
the home across the street occupied by Howard and Rosalee Wendelbo.
Their place is beautiful summer and winter.
Del and Judy Nygards residence is another very pleasant place to drive
by.
I may have already mentioned the wonderful job Keith and Jo Anne
Saville do on their place. If not I just did.
I also received an interesting note yesterday from their residence. The
readers digest version of the note is.
If you find yourself locked out of your vehicle and your remote control
is at another location. Simply have someone call you while your holding
your cell phone next to the car door. The person on the other end should
hold the remote opener close to the phone and push the "open" button.
Waallaa, your car door will unlock almost like magic. Thanks for the
note Keith. I tried it this morning on the cruiser and sure enough, it
worked.
==================================
GOTTA GO WORK ON MY DASH
================================== P.S.
If someone has a place they feel deserves "special recognition",
please let us know.


Write if you can, call if you can't, and, tell your loved ones they are,
before it's too late.

No comments: