Sunday, September 27, 2009

September 27, 2009 - Sunday

Todays Gazette goes out without the benefit of one red cent of
stimulus money. -------------------------
Sunday's cooler temperatures, driven by high winds, was this falls
first indication that Mother Nature is still in charge.
=======================
"Profanity makes ignorance audible."
=======================
L O C A L News & Stuff,.. mostly stuff.
-------------------------------------
Much has happened since the last Gazette went out on June 25.
Fishing out of Arnesen's Rocky Point Resort this past summer was
fantastic, as usual. The weather, although cooler than normal earlier,
turned out to be incredible the last several weeks of the summer. I not
only managed to catch several walleye's in the 28 to 30 inch range, I
also manage to contract a significant infection in my right leg.
I would like to take the credit for not only recognizing the
seriousness of the issue and for dealing with it immediately. However,
having perfected the art of procrastination, it is entirely possible
that the reason I still have a fully functioning leg is because of the
insistence and persistence of several of our "Rocky Point Resort friends
and family" to seek professional health care.
I am please to report that the wonderful folks at Graftons Unity
Medical Center dealt with my infection issues directly and I might add,
with very satisfactory results. I am very grateful to all those who
continued to remain persistent enough to wear down my resistance
(stubberness).
------------------------------
I must admit, upon my last return home, I did notice that several
things in my little community were somewhat different than when I left.
Some of which I hope to share in the next few editions.
-------------------------------
This is the time of the year when many, if not most, of our fine
feathered friends not to be confused with the Standard Northern Snowbird
variety) head south for the winter. For more years than I can remember I
have sent out an interesting little story regarding migration. I'm sure
many of you have seen it before. However I always seem to be able to
find solace in it's message each time I read it. I hope you will as
well.
------ ----- -------
======= THE GOOSE STORY =======
Next fall, when you see geese heading south for the winter ---
flying along in a V formation --- consider what science has discovered
as to why they fly that way.
As each bird flaps its wings, it creates an uplift for
the bird immediately following. By flying in a V formation, the whole
flock adds at least 71 percent greater flying range than if each bird
flew on its own.
People who share a common direction and sense of community
can get where they are going more quickly and easily because they are
traveling on the thrust of one another.
When a goose falls out of formation, it suddenly feels the
drag and resistance of trying to go it alone,... and quickly gets back
into formation to take advantage of the lifting power of the bird in
front.
If we have as much sense as a goose we will stay in
formation with those who are headed the same way we are.
When the Head Goose gets tired, it rotates back in the wind
and another goose flies to the point.
It is sensible to take turns doing demanding jobs for people
or for geese flying south.
Geese honk from behind to encourage those up front to keep
up their speed.
What do we say when we honk from behind? Finally,
and this is important, when a goose gets sick or is wounded by gunshots
and falls out of formation, two other geese fall out with that goose and
follow it down to lend and protection. To stay with the
fallen goose until it is able to fly, or until it dies; and only then do
they launch out on their own, or with another formation to catch up with
their group. If we have the sense of a goose, we will
stand by each other like that.
~~~~ Or, so it seems to me ~~~~
----------------------------
If,.... I were to have a question of my government. It would
probably be. Why..... why in Gods Green Earth does "my" government send
me mail from the United States Department of Commerce in a heavy
cardboard paper envelope....... BY WAY OF FEDEX?????? That's right!!
----- Federal Express!!!!!
It is a well established fact that the United States Postal
Service is struggling to function within it's currant budget. It also
seems to be a fact that "many" politicians actually believe the Federal
Government can run a more efficient health care system than private
industry.
Why then, doesn't our Federal Government use a Federal Government
agency to deliver their message????
That,.... would be my question.....
If I were to ask it.
=======================
GOTTA GO WORK ON MY DASH
=======================
"Life is to short for long answers."


Write if you can, call if you can't, and, tell your loved ones they
are,..... before it's too late.

No comments: