Tuesday, June 05, 2007

June 5, 2007 - Tuesday - Grafton, ND

In todays world: "How are you?" is a Greeting, not a Question.
---------------------
The current temperature is 48 degrees.
Yesterdays H/L temperature was 81/56
Normal H/L temp for this date is 76/50
The forecast for the rest of the summer calls for normal to above
normal fishing weather. The Farmers Almanac says fishing will be
fantastic,... and, catching might be okay also/too.
==================================
"Profanity makes ignorance audible."
==================================
L O C A L news & stuff,.. mostly stuff.
----------------------
===== -- - CORRECTION - -- =====
Ryan Hills, Ryan Hills, Ryan Hills
Almost everything in yesterdays Gazette was accurate. Everything except
the name I gave my granddaughters friend and my fishing partner.
Unfortunately, I realized my unconscionable error less than a minute
after sending the Gazette out.
Actually my daughter Wendy was the first to "remind" me of my
ignorance, then Denise, fallowed by several more better informed
individuals who all sent notes of enlightenment.
Ryan certainly is everything I said Brian was, and more. I hope Ryan
can overlook my inequities and give me another chance. A am truly sorry
for making such a silly mistake Ryan and extend my sincere apologies.
------------------------
Even before I started putting yesterdays Gazette together, I had a
funny feeling something would happen. Calling Ryan by another name was
only part of it.
I "to" was reminded, by a close friend, that I often use to instead of
too, and sometimes I use too instead of to. I could tell as soon as Miss
Carlson and Miss Lykken's names were mentioned, I was heading for
trouble. I gotta think I was trying real hard to read between the lines
of Hulda's ruler when she was going over the proper use of the three
forms of two's.
I find it easier to remember the two with the "W" in it represents the
number 2 only because Hulda whacked me tWice with her ruler, a Whacking
with the ruler reminds me of the tWo lumps on the back of my head.
Anyway,.. at this juncture in my life I am pleased to be able to
properly operate a zipper and I can only hope the members of the Gazette
family tree will place the right number of 0's in the proper places in
my babble.
-------------------------
I'm not sure what happened to the lawn around Farm Credit Services.
From the street it looks like it could use a good old fashion
rejuvenation. On the other hand, maybe someone thought it would be a
good idea to have a real old fashion "roundup" (pardon the pun) on the
Farm..... Credit property.
---------------------------
Is it possible democrats have always known about global warming, and,
that they just waited til republicans were in office before they
"remembered" how serious it is?
-----------------------
I am pleased to share the following note from Darcie. She wrote: >>>
Hi Gary -
Last year about this time when we were home for Summerfest I
stumbled upon your gazette and have enjoyed reading it ever since. It
takes me awhile to catch up sometimes as it's not always posted online
as quickly as you write. I'm hoping you would add me to your growing
list of subscribers.
I grew up in Grafton under the watchful eye of my grandparents Joe and
Gladys Komanetz -I don't get back to Grafton very much anymore since
my family is no longer there but I still recognize quite afew of the
names going through your gazette. Actually, I used to babysit your
grandchildren (Dave and Kelly's kids) and cannot believe I was reading
correctly that Nick Moe is a graduate!
Yikes...I think he was only a few months old when I babysat him!
Anyway -
What a great service you provide your readers - near and far!! It's
nice to be able to keep up with the goings on at "home."
Keep up the great gazette!!
Darcie (Komanetz) Gust <<< Thanks a million Darcie. I will be pleased
to add you to "our" Gazette family tree. I might also add that I had the
unique pleasure of working with your grandfather in the laboratory at
the Drayton Factory of American Crystal Sugar Company. I remember the
very first time I met Joe, it was the fall of 1965. He asked me how much
time I had spent in a laboratory. Unfortunately, I thought Joe said
Lavatory so I told him it depended on how much I ate. He laughed, and
said, "no, I mean Laboratory." I then told Joe that the only thing I
knew about the lab, was that Gary Fischer was in charge of it and I was
going to be a special benchman.
Joe assured me, in no uncertain terms Darcie, that if I needed any help
at all he would provide it. And, that he did,.... often and
professionally. Joe certainly was one of the individuals instrumental in
my career at American Crystal. I shall never forget the advantages he
afforded me.
==================================
GOTTA - GO - WORK - ON - MY - DASH
==================================
"I may not always like what you tell me. I will, however, always
appreciate it."


Write if you can, call if you can't, and, tell your loved ones they are,
before it's too late.

Grafton, ND

No comments: