Wednesday, September 27, 2006

September 27, 2006 - Wednesday

--------------------
Todays Gazette is brought to you by The Hungry Man's Cafe.
--------------------
The present temperature is 43 degrees.
Yesterdays H/L temperature was 64/47
Normal H/L temp for this date is 65/40
We received .02" of rain since midnight.
The colder it gets,.. the more humble we get.
==================================
"Profanity makes ignorance audible."
==================================
L O C A L news & stuff,.. mostly stuff.
----------------------
Ryer Stark has been spending a lot of time on scaffolding lately,
giving every indication that the Westside Drive Inn will be taking on a
brand new look for the 2007 season. At first I thought maybe he was
installing a "Ma Leruds" type driveup window so we could get
WagonMasters all winter. Then I heard about the new paintup & fixup
project. I guess Rome wasn't built in a day either. It sure is food for
thought though, (pardon the pun).
P.S. I wonder what colors it will be?
----------------------
It looks like gas (the kind cars run on) is back in the daily news.
Denise sent this from Washington state. >>> Hi Gary, I just wanted to
comment on the gas situation here in Olympia. It is 2.56 here at
Costco but around town it's 2.65-2.75. Dad said it is 2.27 in Arizona
and a friend of mine from Texas got it for 1.99 WOW! I sure wish it
would get down to that again all over. I just can't believe how much
difference there is between the states.
I was sorry to hear about Irene Nelson. We used to hang out around
there house when her grandson Scott Nelson would stay for the
summers. She was a great lady and I was saddened to hear of her
passing.
Give my best to Patty and the rest of the family. Denise Woinarowicz <<<
Thanks a million for caring and sharing Denise.
++++
Then JoAnn sent this one from a little father south of the same ocean.
>>>
Hi Gary,
Gas is down to $2.59 a gallon in Southern California, and I think it
will continue to go down until 5 minutes after the polls close Nov.
7th... Thanks for all you do!! Hope all is well.
JoAnn (Wentz) Beale <<< Thanks a million for caring and sharing JoAnn.
Does that mean you really think the price of gas is a political
football?
++++
I should add that the turbine heads sand squeezins (gas) dropped a dime
in Skeeterville Tuesday as well. The marquee's are showing regular at
$2.20.
-------------------
Mary sent us a "post script" of sorts, to her note in yesterdays
Gazette. She wrote: >>> Gary, I didn't know Jenni was also a candidate,
if I had I'd have told you yesterday, she sure is a beautiful girl
Congratulations! I hope we get to hear the rest of the names in this
week's paper. Mary Thanks a million for caring and sharing Mary.
++++++
Kelly sent the following in regard to Graftons Royal Court. >>>
Subject: Homecoming
Hi Dad. First of all I would like to congratulate Jennifer on being
chosen to the homecoming royalty. We are all very proud of her. I
also know how anxious Jake was about homecoming when he worked for us
and am very happy for him.
The other candidates are as follows:
Girls:
Rachel Lessard
Sammy Johnson
Melissa Blanchard
Amber Evenson
Miranda Lunski
Boys:
Tanner Hills
Jordan Feltman
Jacob Houska
Steven Olivarez
Tayor Schiller
Chris Lafreniere
Congrats to all! Most of these kids are good friends with Nick
and spend a lot of time at our house so they are all winners to me.
Kelly <<< Thanks a million for caring and sharing Kelly. Of course they
are all winners. However, I'd be stretching the bee-gee-bees out of the
truth, if I didn't say I am extremely proud to have a member of our gene
pool in the group.
---------------------
Chris sent the following short list of FOP needs. >>> To clarify what I
need, here are a few things: a horse blanket, some casserole trays,
gavel, wine bucket, etc...
Thanks Chris. That'll give the folks some idea of your needs. I'm going
to guess the wine bucket doesn't have to be full of wine either....
Right?
----------------------
To fortify my feelings about "sharing" the Gazette list with others. I
received the following. >>>
Gary, I do appreciate the fact that you do not pass our e-mail address
along to others. I enjoy tremendously the "words" of advice you send
along, but I prefer not to have our e-mail address sent around. AGAIN,
thank you, Bill and Cindy <<< Thanks a million for caring and sharing.
I'm sure most feel exactly the same way. It's also surprising how fast
fox hunting season is coming up.
----------------------
Some might remember a while back I mentioned my first experience
fishing from a sailboat. I am pleased to share the following note from
Lyle Efterfield, the Captain of that fine sailing vessel.
He wrote: Gary, It's always good to see your name come up on my
e-mail. I don't know any of the people you are talking about, but
maybe someday I'll recognize someone, after all I didn't live too far
from Grafton.
Heading over to Washington, Roosevelt Res. on Thur. and go after some
of those Walleye they brag about there. Your news about your Walleye
fishing kind of got to me, and I think I have the fever again. They also
have some hybrid trout in that water that we will also go after, they
are in the ten pound range.
Winter here in the Wood River Valley is just around the corner, the
Aspens are starting to put on some color, and the Elk are singing their
songs.
lyle <<< Thanks a million for caring and sharing Lyle. Let us know
how you do, and please say "Hi" to Karen from Patti and me.
----------------------
I am pleased to share the following response to my message about
Recardo in Yesterdays Gazette. Jessica wrote: Gary,
Thank you for the words you expressed to describe Ricardo Escobar in
today's Gazette. Debbie Escobar Miller was a great friend of mine in
high school and your words to describe her father were perfect.
Thank you again.
Jessica Mattson Rossow <<< Thanks a million for caring and sharing
Jessica. It's always difficult speaking of, and, sharing the news of the
passing of a friend or loved one. Often, however, I find it even more
difficult not to.
To that end, I was surprised and saddened to receive the following
message from Brian Thompson, Tuesday morning shortly after I returned
from coffee. He wrote: >>> Hi Gary, sorry to add to your news today but
wanted to inform you of the passing of Ardell Fortier. He was rushed
from Graftons hospital to Fargo Meritcare where he passed away last
nite. Even the tough old birds fly home eventually! Brian thompson <<<
Thank you so much for caring and sharing Brian. Pat and I, along with my
family would like to extend our deepest sympathies to you and Kim, and
also to the entire Fortier family.
==================================
GOTTA GO WORK ON MY DASH
==================================
The Gazette work best, when the folks that read it, write it. Or so it
seems to me.


Write if you can, call if you can't, and, tell your loved ones they are,
before it's too late.

No comments: