Monday, August 11, 2003

August 11, 2003 - Monday

Subject: SKEETERVILLE PROBE

PRESENT WEATHER:
The present temperature outside is 57 degrees. The slight breeze out of the
Southeast brings with it clear air and the calming sounds of Morning Doves in
our neighbors evergreen trees.
Todays Skeeter Meter recorded two sorties. ==================================
profanity makes ignorance audible ==================================
Rocky Point Report:
Fishing, once again was absolutely FANTASTIC. Catching was a little slow.
Our last "stay" at Arnesen's Rocky Point was filled with wonderful people, both
family, and friends. The time was spent visiting, fishing, eating at the Rock
Harbor Lodge, fishing, going to town, acquiring a 24 foot Thompson boat,
fishing, visiting, touring Arnesen's resort on the golf carts, and fishing.
Harvey Dale and Marlene Aasand stopped by for a short visit. Gosh it was great
to see them again. I worked with Harvey Dale at the Drayton Sugar Factory for
several years. Marlene looked as young as ever. H. Dale on the other hand, was
starting to show signs of too many long campaigns. I was pleased to hear H.
Dale tell me I hadn't changed much over the years. (Actually, I think he said
"your fishing hat looks just like I remember it from years ago".)
My son-in-law David, arraigned for a day long launch trip. David, two of my
grandsons, Josh and Nick along with nephew Nick Conigliaro spent a day on a
Rocky Point launch. With Paul Arnesen at the helm, and, Nephew Nicks "secret
weapon" I would be hard pressed to remember a more enjoyable day. Yes, fishing
that day, was absolutely FANTASTIC and yes, catching that particular day was a
'teeny weeny' bit slow. Thank God for that. It was a perfect day for getting to
know each other better. A perfect time to watch some of those I care for very
much, inner act with each other, and I might add, with myself.
It was a day that allowed me to observe first hand, what I have been saying
for many years. Paul Arnesen, (our Captain) Jack and Mary Arnesen's oldest son,
truly is a professional individual. Paul has the intellectual, and physical,
ability to hold the interest of anyone. The respect and interest Paul displayed
toward our group was nothing sort of admirable.
In a day and age where slang, foul language, and general disrespect, for
fellow man runs rampant. Paul Arnesen, and I might add, Pauls younger brother
Mark, have not only mastered the "Kings English" but also the manners of the
"Queen". Thanks again David, for allowing me to participate in such a terrific
day on the lake. Thanks also to Grandsons Nick and Josh and nephew Nick, for
making a most memorable day.
See paul,..... I told you I wouldn't mention some of the topics discussed over
the coarse of the day. Thanks again Paul.
-------------------------
Nick and Dianna Conigliaro have been coming up to Rocky Point for several
years. Until then, Nick was a died in the wool Bass fisherman. (and continues
to be) As a matter of fact, he would even haul his bass boat up here from
Denver.
This past week, I think, will mark the beginning of a new era. Nick and Di are
in the process of purchasing a permanent residence at Rocky Point. It's a
beautiful "Park Model" with slides, a large addition and lawn storage shed.
If the truth be known, I think Nick and Di are only a little bit more excited
than Pat and I, about their purchase.
----------------------------
We also became the new owners of and old boat, during this past visit. We have
been looking for a "little fishing boat" that I could go out and "putt around"
the lake with. We also wanted it to be "grandchildren safe". That means, deep
enough, so little children can't fall overboard. I really wanted one that had
electric start, as I'm still having trouble with my shoulders. I also thought a
depth finder (fish finder) would be great and of course, in case I should
wander around the corner, a GPS would come in handy.
Wouldn't you know it, we looked around, and, dog gone if we didn't find
almost, just about, what we were looking for. It ended up a little longer than
the plan, 24 feet. However it did come with depth finder, GPS, 4 down riggers,
Stereo (for the Grandkids) spot light, Marine and Citizens band radio's, a
berth that sleeps two, complete with built in "potty".
The person we purchased it from assured us a 350 Chevrolet engine doesn't burn
gas in a boat like they do in trucks. He was absolutely right! It burns more,
in a boat! No-matter, we are very pleased with our little vessel.
==================================
I am very sorry to report, nothing new on a wedding date. The day before I
left, Uncle Norman (Russum) and Dad to-be (Lynn Ebert) were planning a trip.
This morning, I found out they are still planning the same trip. Hence, Dad to-
be (Lynn Ebert) hasn't spent a minute planning his up coming union.
It's beginning to look as though I may need help with the wedding plans. I'm
not sure, if there is any truth to the rumor, however this morning I was told
Lynn gave June a ring with a lump of coal on it. He then, according to the
rumor, told June he would be happy to get married when that piece of coal
turned into a diamond. Maybe someone out there can add some credibility to the
rumor. Anyway, I'm starting to think if Lynn keeps frittering away his money on
foolish trips and stuff. We just may end up having to have the wedding in the
park, for lack of funds.
And so it goes.
==================================
Did I mention our local UPS man Pat Svoboda also stopped by to see us this
week at Rocky Point. Pat, another UPS man for the Park River area, Pats future
Brother-in-law and another friend were going on the launch for the day with
Paul. Pat stopped by our place afterwards and commented on what a terrific
time they had that day. If anyone is wondering where their UPS stuff is this
week. Pat's on vacation. If your packages smell a little fishy next week.
You'll know why. ==================================
GOTTA GO WORK ON MY DASH ==================================
P.S.
Finally, after all these years I am starting to realize where home is.
"Home, is where the washer and drier is. Fun, good times, fellowship and
fishing is where you create the need for a washer and drier". Gary
Moe, GGP

No comments: